Monday, January 17, 2011

The Big "M"

When I think "migraine", I think "thank you, that I don't have one." Or "oh crap, here it comes ... can I head it off at the path? (no pun intended. Maybe a small one).

I do so envy those who do not suffer from it & empathize with other "migraineurs" as we are communally known.

My triggers tend to be hormones, weather changes but most frequent of all, S-T-R-E-S-S.

My body's knee jerk reaction to acute stress is that I can experience a panic/anxiety attack which includes bad stomach cramps & worst of all, can lead to ... migraines.

Thursday had me react to some difficult, unexpected news dealing culminating in a sudden, violent eruption - the Krakatoa of a lifetime of migraines. I should remember the date, it was that monumental. Any bodily movement results in nausea. Nausea can result in vomiting. Vomiting makes my head feel like the grey matter inside my skull wants to explode out, like a giant, cranial zit.


Blast off!


Sumavel Dose Pro to the rescue. My doctor gave Corey a needle-less shot of a new drug for severe migraine & cluster headaches. Straight out of Star Trek. Cool. Got to get me some stock in that company ...

Within half an hour, I was asleep. 3 hours later, I woke up, shaken & stirred yet better.

I really need to master my stress. Make that "mistress" my stress.

Either way, 3 days later & I no longer feel like wrung-out. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment