Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Of showers that never were ...

A friend of mine was telling me about her niece's pending baby shower.

For some strange reason, I was totally taken aback by the realization that I had never had one.

Despite the fact that I delivered 3 good sized, healthy babies all by myself, Kaelin at home with a mid-wife, not one shower.

Not even the hint of one!

As my friend continued to tell me of the numerous showers she had attended over the course of her life, I started mourning the 3 showers that never were.

Yet another rite of passage that sailed right past me.

The games, the silliness.

I found myself lamenting until I realized.

I wouldn't have wanted one even if the opportunity had presented itself.

What a strange amble my mind went on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment