Monday, November 9, 2009

A life



On October 19, 2009, 1:20 pm, Vic exhaled one last time
Slow, long
Then silence

In an instant, I became the sole keeper of our memories.
The memories of 20+ intense years
A history jam packed with great joys, challenges, more challenges
"Adventures" as Vic liked to call them
At least "they weren't shooting at us."

 


Cancer became the bullet that Vic never saw coming.

Our last family photo during the first of Corey's home-from-college weekend visits.

 
Our last photo
Vic laying with a gaping wound hidden under a gauze bandage
Both exhausted, yet hopeful
Both confused, yet still believing.

 

I so hated the fact that I could not get to really hold him, touch I could not lay my head beside his on the pillow, could not put my head on his shoulder. I just wanted to touch him. Connect with him. Bring him home.

Who knew that this was one of the better days still?

Vic growing list of conditions deteriorated each day over the proceeding 11 days.

 
Posted by Picasa


We feel his presence watching
We miss him so
I miss you so ...

No comments:

Post a Comment