Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas & Boxing Day

Back in the days of yore, the tradition was for the King or Queen would present gifts to their serfs the day following Christmas. Gifts in boxes. Hence it is called Boxing Day. Today, it is a national holiday - a day off work.

Despite the grey cloud that hung around me pre-Christmas, Christmas Eve kicked in some spirit. Not alcoholic either.

The grey days which had preceded Christmas threw me deeper into my holiday ennui.

But to see the gifts wrapped & arranged under the tree, bedecked with unbreakable balls. A delight!

Corey made an unbelievably great Christmas Eve dinner: his first rack of lamb done on the bar b que. Spinach. Brussels & peas. Yum.

For the first year ever, we all slept in on Christmas morning. Kaelin finally called "chicken" & herded the family in to open the goodies.

I hit the jackpot this year. The "motherlode" for the house "mutha." 4 tickets, front & enter to Cirque du Soleil's "La Nouba", end of January. 4 tickets for me AND the children. All 4 of us. Together. A cultural outing. Finally! How longggg I have yearned for this.

I can't even begin to articulate how thrilled I am. Best "gift" ever. An evening with my children in magical theater.

You know, sometimes, not very often but sometimes, it's good to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment